'Nameta’ is a Kiswahili name that means I am shining. We believe once our youth access art and develop it with the content of social change, they will start shining hence shine the world too. Nameta Trust is an art and non-profit organization that runs six art programs.
Providing More Art Opportunities to Youths in the Informal Communities.
To be the leading organization that Promotes Social Change through Arts by involving youths globally.
We run our activities in all our programs by;
- Establishing Partnerships with individuals and institutions (Private and Corporates).
- Organizing and participating in Festivals.
- Organizing Contests & art Events.
- Establishing art clubs in schools and colleges.
- Working with already established youth groups/clubs.
- Organizing Exhibitions.
- Branding Social Change
We believe in art for Social Change. We have Nameta Trust Curriculum that explains our approach to Corruption, Social justice, Equality, Climate Change and Economic growth/Poverty Eradication. This is used by all artists who connects with us, youths & our audience as well in general.
Our Youths in the informal communities are our Voice & entitled to the following Opportunities;
OUR CORE VALUES
OUR CORE VALUES INCLUDE;
• Transparency & accountability.
• Humility & integrity.
• Love & passion.
• Focus & commitment.
• Honesty & Persistence
Our Core beliefs include;
- Enabling youths to access art for the purposes of development of their education, talent and careers is Vital and inevitable.
- Youths are the future therefore we ought to nurture them holistically.
- Youths are creative and gifted differently therefore examination is not the only measure of their competency in society.