The performance of theatre is a universal cultural phenomenon that exists in every society around the world’ by Dr. Kevin Brown Theatre art matters and this why: It promotes Creativity, education, self-empowerment, globalization, self-knowledge and self-expression. Above all it enhances social change. Theatre is a cultural space where society examines itself in a mirror. Theatre has long been looked at as a laboratory in which we can study the problems that confront society and attempt to solve those problems.
- To enable kids and youths develop their theatre arts/drama for education.
- To promote self-esteem, education, skills and abilities through theatre arts/drama.
- To enable youths use theatre arts/drama as a profession and earn a living.
- To use theatre arts/drama as a tool to promote behaviour change.
With your financial support, Nameta Trust will be able to run Theatre arts .One of the programs in the organization. We will be able to organise workshops for our artists, trainers and students who aspire to become great artists in the world. More so we will enter youths to one of the main festivals in Kenya, The Kenya Drama Festivals and East African Festival.Also we will;
- Organize our annual Nameta Festival.
- Organize contests and events for the youths.
- Organize educational tours.
- Run club activities in schools and youth groups in Nairobi informal Communities.
- Increase feasibility of our organization with a prime goal of championing for social change.
- Organize a 5T Project that will emphasize on curriculum for Social Change.